Calender Popup

MasterChief

I have a imagebutton that when you click on it, it will open up a page
containing a calender. When the pages starts up it gives the error
and it highlights the line control.value =
Request.querystring("textbox").ToString()

Here is the my code

Public Class _popcal
Inherits System.Web.UI.Page
Protected WithEvents thedate As System.Web.UI.WebControls.Calendar
Protected WithEvents control As
System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlInputHidden

System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load
control.Value = Request.QueryString("textbox").ToString()
End Sub
Protected Sub Calendar1_SelectionChanged(ByVal sender As Object,
ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Calendar1.SelectionChanged
Dim script(4) As String
script(1) = "<script>window.opener.document.forms[0]." +
control.Value + ".value = '"
script(2) = thedate.SelectedDate.ToString("dd/MM/yyyy")
script(3) = "';self.close()"
script(4) = "</" + "script>"
RegisterClientScriptBlock("test", Join(script, ""))
End Sub
End Class

Mark Rae

I have a imagebutton that when you click on it, it will open up a page
containing a calender.

How does it open the page?
When the pages starts up it gives the error
and it highlights the line control.value =
Request.querystring("textbox").ToString()

Are you actually passing the querystring that you're expecting? E.g. if the
calendar page is called calendar.aspx, are you doing something like:

Response.Redirect("calendar.aspx?textbox=1") or whatever?
control.Value = Request.QueryString("textbox").ToString()

Put a breakpoint on the above line, run the app in debug mode and
interrogate the value of your querystring - I'm willing to bet you're not
actually including a querystring in your hyperlink to the calendar page...

MasterChief

The way I am calling it is below. As you can see after popcal.aspx
there is ?textbox=txtStartDate
Protected Sub ImageButton1_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As
System.Web.UI.ImageClickEventArgs) Handles ImageButton1.Click
RegisterStartupScript("openWindow", "<script
language='javascript'>window.open('popcal.aspx?textbox=txtStartDate','Calendar','toolbars=0,scrollbars=1,width=600,height=400,left
= 100,top = 100');</" & "script>")
End Sub

Mark Rae

The way I am calling it is below. As you can see after popcal.aspx
there is ?textbox=txtStartDate
Protected Sub ImageButton1_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As
System.Web.UI.ImageClickEventArgs) Handles ImageButton1.Click
RegisterStartupScript("openWindow", "<script
language='javascript'>window.open('popcal.aspx?textbox=txtStartDate','Calendar','toolbars=0,scrollbars=1,width=600,height=400,left
= 100,top = 100');</" & "script>")
End Sub

Ah - now we're getting somewhere! What exactly is txtStartDate? Are you
trying to pass the name of a control or the value that control contains...?

MasterChief

It is the name of the textbox. What you do in the examples I have seen
is you have multple textboxes on a screen. What you do is when you open
a calender using a link you pass the name of the textbox. That way when
you click on a date in the calender it will know which textbox to
change on the main form.

Mark Rae

It is the name of the textbox. What you do in the examples I have seen
is you have multple textboxes on a screen. What you do is when you open
a calender using a link you pass the name of the textbox. That way when
you click on a date in the calender it will know which textbox to
change on the main form.

I understand. So how are you referring to this textbox in your calendar
form? Presumably something like window.opener...?