Caller ID Applet Required - Quotes Invited

A. Shore

1. The task: Write a Java applet that will extract a CallerID
string from incoming call/modem and pass the string to our web page
javascript, via a callback function. (Yes, we understand that the
modem and telco account must provide/support the CallerID service.)
Applet will be launched by our web page.

2. FYI, there's part/most of this available via links at the bottom
of the page at http://staton.us/electronics/Caller_ID/caller_id_message.html.

3. Similarly, an example Java-to-Javascript call is at
http://www.rgagnon.com/javadetails/java-0172.html . (Neither this
paragraph nor the prior one should be read as a requirement: it's the
developer's call completely re whether or not to use these examples)

4. Applet must work with any recent browser, incl FF, IE, Chrome,
and under Windows and Linux. We'll be publishing it as part of a
free, open-source application that uses GPL licensing. The deliverable
will consist of the applet plus an html/js page that demonstrates that
it works, and must include error notification in the returned
stream. Technical documentation must accompany the deliverable.

5. Ownership will pass to the purchaser upon payment, with no
proprietary or intellectual property right involved.

6. While there may be some detail-level differences between modems
and the telco caller id recognition methods or protocols, the
developer shd use mainstream products/services on these and inform us
accordingly. Operation with US-based telco is mandatory.

7. Developer must provide telephone-level support for a 60-day
period, and must provide corrections to reported problems.

8. Come back with descriptions of other applets you have developed,
plus $ estimate.

Mention 'squirrel' in your response to shoreas atsign google dot com