Calling convention --- what is it?

Sriniv

Hello all C-eers!
I've heard oc calling convention. What is it really? I've seen some
prefix words before function definitions. __stdcall, WINAPI, to name a
few. What are these? Are they platform specific? Does the grmmar of
standard C accomodates the snytaxes?

Thanks.

-- Srinivasan.

Vladimir S. Oka

Sriniv opined:
Hello all C-eers!
I've heard oc calling convention. What is it really? I've seen some
prefix words before function definitions. __stdcall, WINAPI, to name
a few. What are these? Are they platform specific? Does the grmmar of
standard C accomodates the snytaxes?

These things are not defined by the C Standard.

<OT>
usually, "calling convention" refers to how the implementation passes
the function parameters, and who cleans up afterwards.
<OT>

--
BR, Vladimir

There was a gay dog from Ontario