can any one get me the all the queries in this group in a .zip file

Prashanth Badabagni

Hi,
Can any one please get me all the queries in the comp.lang.c in a
..ZIP file or atleast some of the queries ...
Thanks in Advance

Chris McDonald

Hi,
Can any one please get me all the queries in the comp.lang.c in a
.ZIP file or atleast some of the queries ...
Thanks in Advance

Going back for 25 years?
Read Google groups on the web.

Arthur J. O'Dwyer

Can any one please get me all the queries in the comp.lang.c in a
.ZIP file or atleast some of the queries ...

Of course not!

Try
http://www.google.com/
or
http://groups.google.com/
if you're trying to do a search on previous newsgroup messages.

If you just want a corpus of newsgroup postings for e.g. text
analysis, try posting to comp.programming (for the programming
aspects) or possibly one of the general Usenet groups (who might
know how to manipulate your news server in clever ways).

And if you just want a .ZIP file, see here:
http://www.google.com/search?q=zip+file

-Arthur

Prashanth Badabagni said:
Hi,
Can any one please get me all the queries in the comp.lang.c in a
.ZIP file or atleast some of the queries ...
Thanks in Advance

it's very strange: in italian language "bada-bagni" means "man who is
looking after a bathroom", from "badare" (to look after) and "bagni"
(bathrooms)

http://www.wordreference.com/it/en/translation.asp?iten=badare&v=b
http://www.wordreference.com/it/en/translation.asp?iten=bagno&v=b

....but even stranger it's my feeling that the web has only one and the same
huge troll, posting everywhere, writing in all known languages of the
earth...

Default User

Prashanth said:
Hi,
Can any one please get me all the queries in the comp.lang.c in a
.ZIP file or atleast some of the queries ...
Thanks in Advance

You need to read up on what usenet is. There is no central repository
for messages. You can query your ISP about this, but they are unlikely
to provide any such service.

Brian Rodenborn

Simon Biber

Prashanth Badabagni said:
Hi,
Can any one please get me all the queries in the comp.lang.c
in a .ZIP file or atleast some of the queries ...

You could write a program that queries your ISP's news server, downloads all
the messages on comp.lang.c, and writes them into a .ZIP file. You could
instead make a program that attempts to grab all the content from the Google
Groups website, but I'd imagine that they wouldn't be too happy about you
doing that.

This program could even be mostly written in C, apart from the networking
aspect. Note that news servers expire articles after a certain amount of
time, depending on how much disk space they have available, so you will not
get every message ever posted to comp.lang.c. For example, my news server
has 29131 messages in the comp.lang.c newsgroup. In contrast, the Google
Groups archive says it finds 422,000 threads in comp.lang.c. I would not be
surprised if this turned out to be a multi-gigabyte file.

You may find these documents useful:

RFC 977: Network News Transfer Protocol
http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc977/rfc977.html

..ZIP File Format Specification
http://www.pkware.com/products/enterprise/white_papers/appnote.txt

Prashanth Badabagni

x said:
it's very strange: in italian language "bada-bagni" means "man who is
looking after a bathroom", from "badare" (to look after) and "bagni"
(bathrooms)

http://www.wordreference.com/it/en/translation.asp?iten=badare&v=b
http://www.wordreference.com/it/en/translation.asp?iten=bagno&v=b

...but even stranger it's my feeling that the web has only one and the same
huge troll, posting everywhere, writing in all known languages of the
earth...

But U don't know one thing in Hindu Tradition
Badabagni means " a volcano that is present in an ocean .... "

Joona I Palaste

Prashanth Badabagni said:
But U don't know one thing in Hindu Tradition
Badabagni means " a volcano that is present in an ocean .... "

I bet Trygve, Dag, Boutros and Kofi don't know that either.