Can Groovy be used in an applet and/or can it generate the Java bytecodes that then can be used in a

Casey Hawthorne

Can Groovy be used in an applet and/or can it generate the Java
bytecodes that then can be used in an applet?

Arne Vajhøj

Casey said:
Can Groovy be used in an applet and/or can it generate the Java
bytecodes that then can be used in an applet?

AFAIK then Groovy can compile to byte code, so it should
be usable in an applet.

Note though that the Groovy library is almost 2 MB.

And I am slightly skeptical about the benefits.

Have you considered JavaFX ?

It is intended for stuff like this.

Arne