    I know MS Access alone can handle all the work cited above but I want to
    make my own program.

    Any tips?

    Marlon Ng, May 1, 2010

  2. Marlon Ng

    brabuhr Guest

    If I was building an application to handle something like that, I
    would probably start with a webapp in Ruby on Rails. If I didn't want
    a webapp, I would probably look towards JRuby/Swing.

    brabuhr, May 1, 2010

  3. Marlon Ng

    Kaye Ng Guest

    If I was building an application to handle something like that, I
    I'm not interested in webapp because we don't have a network setup. I
    want a simple program that works on a single pc only.

    Kaye Ng, May 1, 2010
  4. You don't need a network setup to use a webapp, you can launch it in
    your PC and use a browser to interact with the application. HTML is
    probably easier than GUI code, and web frameworks like Rails have a
    lot of documentation and support.

    Jesus.

    Jesús Gabriel y Galán, May 1, 2010