Can I get an alert box on my local computer when someone access my web page?

salon

i have created a web application in c# and ASP.NET1.1 that is having a
button on click of which
spawns a web page which is hosted on my localhost!
i have given the URL to my friend.Now he/she access it .
I want a alert box or some notification on my local computer that the
webpage from my localhost
is being accessed.
Is it possible with .NET 1.1 ?
If yes, how?
Thanks in advance

bruce barker

i'd write a windows service that added itself to the system tray and
exposed a remoting call. then the web service coudl notify it on request
start.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=F6ran_Andersson?=

salon said:
i have created a web application in c# and ASP.NET1.1 that is having a
button on click of which
spawns a web page which is hosted on my localhost!
i have given the URL to my friend.Now he/she access it .
I want a alert box or some notification on my local computer that the
webpage from my localhost
is being accessed.
Is it possible with .NET 1.1 ?
If yes, how?
Thanks in advance

The web server on your computer can not display anything in the user
interface on your computer, so you need a process running in the user
interface, and a way for the web server to send a signal to it.

This can be done in many different ways. A windows service and remoting,
as bruce suggested, is one of them. A simple text file and a program
that looks for changes in it could be another.

When the web site is accessed it could write some kind of a record to a
local file or database.
Then a local (separate) application could check this periodically and notify
you when something of interest has changed.