Can not start Series 40 5th Ed, FP1

alalhakim

I've recently downloaded the Series 40 5th Edition, Frature Pack1 SDK
but have not managed to start the emulator.
By following the instructions stated ion the helpfile, I started:
Start menu>Programs>Nokia Developer Tools>SDKs>Series 40>Series 40 5th
Edition SDK, Feature Pack 1>Emulator

The next thing that happens is that a DOS window shows up (titled
Emulator) displaying that SdkConfig.dll and sdk.dll has been loaded
and meanwwhile a small message box shows up for a short time wit the
text:
Contacting RMI registry on port 1099. This may take a minute.

However nothting happens afterwards. The DOS window will be there but
nothing starts up!

The first time I started the emulator, the Windows XP Firewall asked
for allowing the emulator to contact Internet.

I would also add that the installation asked me to install Nokia
Connectivity Platform, and I did it. And that my Java Runtime
Environment is C:\Program\Java\jre1.5.0_11\bin\javaw.exe (found from
the task manager).

The OS on my PC is Windows XP Pro SP3 (Swedish edition)

I did write a similar message in the Nokia Developer Discussion Forum
several days ago:
http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=148388
But I don't get any answer.
Finally I'd appreciate if someone knows any other way to obtain a
Nokia series 40 SDK emulator (or similar and favorably for Linux).
Thank You