can we randomly select mutiple days in calendar?

haiwen

Hello, everyone,

we can select multiple days in the calendar control, but
it is either a whole week or a whole month. Is it possible
to randomly select a couple of days?

Thanks a lot,

haiwen

Yan-Hong Huang[MSFT]

Hello Haiwen,

Thanks for posting in the group.

There is no direct way to achieve it in asp.net calendar web control. A
workaround is to add a literal control that's just a link to a javascript
function which adds the day to a hidden field and submits the form. Then we
could pull the day out of the hidden field server side and add it to
SelectedDates.

It's pretty much a trick and it requires a round trip just to add a day, so
the best way is to write a own calendar control to achieve it.

Does that answer your question?

Best regards,
Yanhong Huang
Microsoft Online Partner Support

--------------------
!From: "haiwen" <[email protected]>
!Sender: "haiwen" <[email protected]>
!Subject: can we randomly select mutiple days in calendar?
!Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 14:26:42 -0700
!Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webcontrols
!
!Hello, everyone,
!
!we can select multiple days in the calendar control, but
!it is either a whole week or a whole month. Is it possible
!to randomly select a couple of days?
!
!Thanks a lot,
!
!haiwen
!

Yan-Hong Huang[MSFT]

Hello Haiwen,

Thanks for the quick response.

I suggest you refer to
http://www.asp.net/ControlGallery/default.aspx?Category=43&tabindex=2.
There are many samples on calendar web server control.

Does that answer your question?

Best regards,
Yanhong Huang
Microsoft Online Partner Support

--------------------
!From: "haiwen" <[email protected]>
!Sender: "haiwen" <[email protected]>
!Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 06:19:16 -0700
!Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webcontrols
!
!Hello Yanhong,
!
!Thanks a lot of for your answer.Could you give me any good
!about how to write my own calendar?
!
!Thanks again,
!
!haiwen
!
!>There is no direct way to achieve it in asp.net calendar
!web control. A
!>workaround is to add a literal control that's just a link
!to a javascript
!>function which adds the day to a hidden field and submits
!the form. Then we
!>could pull the day out of the hidden field server side
!and add it to
!>SelectedDates.
!>
!>It's pretty much a trick and it requires a round trip
!just to add a day, so
!>the best way is to write a own calendar control to
!achieve it.
!>
!>Does that answer your question?
!>
!>Best regards,
!>Yanhong Huang
!>Microsoft Online Partner Support
!>
!>Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
!>This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
!confers no rights.
!>
!>--------------------
!>!From: "haiwen" <[email protected]>
!>!Sender: "haiwen" <[email protected]>
!>!Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 14:26:42 -0700
!>!Newsgroups:
!microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webcontrols
!>!
!>!Hello, everyone,
!>!
!>!we can select multiple days in the calendar control, but
!>!it is either a whole week or a whole month. Is it
!possible
!>!to randomly select a couple of days?
!>!
!>!Thanks a lot,