cannot detect a web server running asp.net 1.1

Guest

Hi there,

I'm running VS.NET 2003 on XP Home, so I have Web Matrix installed as a web
server.

I wanted to create my first web application with VS.NET, but when I select
New Project -> asp.net web application I get the following message:

VS.NET cannot detect a web server running asp.net 1.1... etc. I have the
..NET framework installed (SDK).

I notice that I do not have a web server icon in my system tray. Do I have
to do something to configure Web Matrix web server (I only installed it).

Many thanks

Patrick.O.Ige

Chris seems you don't have have IIS.
If i understand you have XP home which doesn't come with IIS maybe try
upgrading to XP Professional.
WebMatrix doesn't need IIS it has its local server you can use but you can
use IIS too depending on your settings.
VS.NET needs IIS
Hope that helps
Patrick

Guest

Hi Patrick

Damn! Does VS.NET need IIS? I was aware that I don't have IIS on XP Home.
That's why I installed Web Matrix so that I could use its local web server
with VS.NET.

Could I use a different web server other than IIS with VS.NET (i.e. Apache)?

Many thanks,
Chris