"Cannot find assembly" problem with .NET 1.1 and 2.0 coexisting

Nils Magnus Englund

Hello,

In the root of a web site (C:\Inetpub\wwwroot), I have a .NET 1.1
application. I've just added a .NET 2.0 application to another directory
under the web site root (C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\20App).

After restarting the IIS server, the 1.1 application works fine - however,
when I first request a page from the 2.0 application (which also works fine,
by the way), the 1.1 application stops working. Every time I request a page
from the 1.1 application, I get the following exception:

Cannot find the assembly App_Code.whenpsq7, Version=0.0.0.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.

Restarting the server (recycling the application pools doesn't work) makes
the 1.1 application available again.

Any ideas what could cause this? Thanks for any help!

Regards,
Nils Magnus Englund

Nils Magnus Englund

Yes, I am running Windows 2003... However, I do have a separate application
pool for the individual .NET 2.0 application I have. All other applications
are in the DefaultAppPool.

Thanks.

Regards,
Nils Magnus

Joined
Sep 7, 2006
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Same Problem

I am having this problem... I'd like to know what the heck is going on because it is causing major problems for me. I placed the application in its own pool. Asp .net 2.0 is installed but every site is running under 1.1 ... so wtf? I appreciate any clarity that someone can provide.

SAMPLE:

Server Error in '/' Application.
Cannot find the assembly sjha1v_p, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.

Exception Details: System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException: Cannot find the assembly sjha1v_p, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[SerializationException: Cannot find the assembly sjha1v_p, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.]
System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryAssemblyInfo.GetAssembly() +101
System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.GetType(BinaryAssemblyInfo assemblyInfo, String name) +130
System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectMap..ctor(String objectName, String[] memberNames, BinaryTypeEnum[] binaryTypeEnumA, Object[] typeInformationA, Int32[] memberAssemIds, ObjectReader objectReader, Int32 objectId, BinaryAssemblyInfo assemblyInfo, SizedArray assemIdToAssemblyTable) +128
System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectMap.Create(String name, String[] memberNames, BinaryTypeEnum[] binaryTypeEnumA, Object[] typeInformationA, Int32[] memberAssemIds, ObjectReader objectReader, Int32 objectId, BinaryAssemblyInfo assemblyInfo, SizedArray assemIdToAssemblyTable) +54
System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.__BinaryParser.ReadObjectWithMapTyped(BinaryObjectWithMapTyped record) +330
System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.__BinaryParser.ReadObjectWithMapTyped(BinaryHeaderEnum binaryHeaderEnum) +71
System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.__BinaryParser.Run() +154
System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.Deserialize(HeaderHandler handler, __BinaryParser serParser, Boolean fCheck, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage) +249
System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Deserialize(Stream serializationStream, HeaderHandler handler, Boolean fCheck, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage) +183
System.Web.Util.AltSerialization.ReadValueFromStream(BinaryReader reader) +765
System.Web.SessionState.SessionDictionary.Deserialize(BinaryReader reader) +98
System.Web.SessionState.StateClientManager.Deserialize(Stream stream, Int32 lockCookie) +133
System.Web.SessionState.SqlStateClientManager.DoGet(String id, SqlCommand cmd) +1148
System.Web.SessionState.SqlStateClientManager.GetExclusive(String id) +81
System.Web.SessionState.SqlStateClientManager.System.Web.SessionState.IStateClientManager.BeginGetExclusive(String id, AsyncCallback cb, Object state) +6
System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateModule.GetSessionStateItem() +67
System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateModule.BeginAcquireState(Object source, EventArgs e, AsyncCallback cb, Object extraData) +274
System.Web.AsyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionStep.Execute() +66
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +173