cannot find symbol?

qwertmonkey

class Ho3K{
~
What is "such a thing?" What are you even *trying* to do? You can't
call "getCtxtDTO" on an object that only defines the methods "setCtxt"
and "toString".
~
my mistake. I (quickly and wrongly) replaced some of the text while editing my
own post
~
Take a look at my initial posting. DTO_T_Ctxt06 and Ho3K are just mock objects
created in method "verifyCtxt" in class DTO_T_Ctxt, which I get as Data Transfer
Objects
~
qwertmonkey has been told many times, but like Stefan Ram, he ignores all
posts relating to his horrid coding style, and since people still help him,
he probably just sees no need.
~
Joerg I usually don't talk to politicians/people with "political" qualms,
specially if they, not only assume some evil intention in your ways, but talk
from a "Godly" prescribing point of view, defending/standing for "we the people"
~
It may relate to the fact that I am a teacher (so I am conditioned to be
lenient about people's ways) and researcher myself in consciousness studies/
neurobiology: I don't think that everyone should be right-handed or act and
"think" in a certain ways even if "the majority" does
~
I have read and worked on -really- badly worded, formatted code. At the
end of the day it is primarily "on the eyes of the compiler" determining what is
kosher or not to itself
~
Haven't you heard the joke about how an engineer a physicist and a mathematician
fight a fire?
~
For example, unnecessary noises bother the hell out of me, but when I notice,
say, a woman (and they love those kinds of things!) walking on a wooden floor
with really noisy hard sole high heels. I keep my annoyance within myself and
don't extrapolate my own thinking into believing they are evil or the alignment
of stars in heaven will be altered because of that, nor would I disrespect or
mistreat them in any way
~
What he may not know is that while some people help him, others don't.
~
... the bad part about that being?
~
This is a fact of life regarding all matters and ultimately you do get at
things -your- way. In fact, I see the good in "politicians" not liking "me"
~
lbrtchx

Daniel Pitts

~
my mistake. I (quickly and wrongly) replaced some of the text while editing my
own post
~
Take a look at my initial posting. DTO_T_Ctxt06 and Ho3K are just mock objects
created in method "verifyCtxt" in class DTO_T_Ctxt, which I get as Data Transfer
Objects

I posted the solution. Use interfaces. There are no such things as C++
style templates in Java. You need to use interfaces. Is there a reason
my solution isn't acceptable to you?
~
~
Joerg I usually don't talk to politicians/people with "political" qualms,
specially if they, not only assume some evil intention in your ways, but talk
from a "Godly" prescribing point of view, defending/standing for "we the people"
~
It may relate to the fact that I am a teacher (so I am conditioned to be
lenient about people's ways) and researcher myself in consciousness studies/
neurobiology: I don't think that everyone should be right-handed or act and
"think" in a certain ways even if "the majority" does
~
I have read and worked on -really- badly worded, formatted code. At the
end of the day it is primarily "on the eyes of the compiler" determining what is
kosher or not to itself
Not entirely. It is primarily the eyes of colleagues which need to
modify the behavior of the code. The compiler, while less forgiving for
syntax, is completely forgiving of semantics. Humans are the opposite,
and in fact that is the trait which we need. The syntax of a program can
interfere with understanding the semantics of it. This is why you find
less help. Why do you ignore the help you do get?
~
Haven't you heard the joke about how an engineer a physicist and a mathematician
fight a fire? No, I haven't.
~
For example, unnecessary noises bother the hell out of me, but when I notice,
say, a woman (and they love those kinds of things!) walking on a wooden floor
with really noisy hard sole high heels. I keep my annoyance within myself and
don't extrapolate my own thinking into believing they are evil or the alignment
of stars in heaven will be altered because of that, nor would I disrespect or
mistreat them in any way
I would imagine you invite them over less often than you do less noisy
women.
~
~
... the bad part about that being?
Higher noise to signal ratio for your answers.
~
This is a fact of life regarding all matters and ultimately you do get at
things -your- way. In fact, I see the good in "politicians" not liking "me"

There is a difference between politics and social acceptability. As a
hiring manager, if you presented this code to me, I would not hire you.
If somehow you got hired where I worked and I saw you made this code,
I would do whatever I could to get you fired. This code costs at least
10 times as much as any more conventional equivalent.

I would do this regardless of the type of job you were hired to do.
Research, enterprise, embedded, teaching. Especially teaching. It would
not be a personal judgement against you, but a value judgement against
what you contribute.

On an unrelated note, it would be more polite of you to follow standard
usenet protocol for replying to messages. Keeping the thread in one
place makes it easier for me to follow along. However you reply now, it
splits the thread into multiple. Maybe you need a different news reader.

Arne Vajhøj

~
Joerg I usually don't talk to politicians/people with "political" qualms,
specially if they, not only assume some evil intention in your ways, but talk
from a "Godly" prescribing point of view, defending/standing for "we the people"
~
It may relate to the fact that I am a teacher (so I am conditioned to be
lenient about people's ways) and researcher myself in consciousness studies/
neurobiology: I don't think that everyone should be right-handed or act and
"think" in a certain ways even if "the majority" does

You are missing the point.

There is not one coding style that is better than all other.

But there are huge objective benefits of everybody using the same
or at least very similar coding style.

It is simple faster to read and understand code in a familiar coding
style.

So a better analogy is that:
- everybody driving at right side of the road or everybody driving at
the left side of the road are equally good
- both are a lot better than some driving at right side of the road and
some driving at the left side of the road

So either convince a few million Java developers to follow your style
or bite the bullet and use their style.
I have read and worked on -really- badly worded, formatted code. At the
end of the day it is primarily "on the eyes of the compiler" determining what is
kosher or not to itself

No no no.

Not all code that work are equally good.

Ease of maintenance is a primary goal in creating software.
For example, unnecessary noises bother the hell out of me, but when I notice,
say, a woman (and they love those kinds of things!) walking on a wooden floor
with really noisy hard sole high heels. I keep my annoyance within myself and
don't extrapolate my own thinking into believing they are evil or the alignment
of stars in heaven will be altered because of that, nor would I disrespect or
mistreat them in any way

But you may (and you should) consider her less suited for a job where
making little noise is necessary.

Arne

Arne Vajhøj

For example, unnecessary noises bother the hell out of me, but when I notice,
say, a woman (and they love those kinds of things!) walking on a wooden floor
with really noisy hard sole high heels. I keep my annoyance within myself and
don't extrapolate my own thinking into believing they are evil or the alignment
of stars in heaven will be altered because of that, nor would I disrespect or
mistreat them in any way

And besides in this context I would argue that it is you that are
being impolite.

You want people to spend time for free on helping them with your
problem, but you don't want to spend the time making it easy
for them by making the code (and the post in general) easy to
read.

That is pretty rude behavior.

Arne

Lew

On Saturday, May 4, 2013 6:51:23 AM UTC-7, (e-mail address removed) wrote:

Please do not omit attributions, monkey.

[ Joerg Meier wrote: ]
Joerg I usually don't talk to politicians/people with "political" qualms,

What does that have to do with anything?
specially if they, not only assume some evil intention in your ways, but talk

Again, relevance?
from a "Godly" prescribing point of view, defending/standing for "we the people"

You've been advised about widespread and widely-adopted conventions.
Why the piss-ant attitude?
It may relate to the fact that I am a teacher (so I am conditioned to be

Must be a real winner of a teacher with that attitude.
lenient about people's ways) and researcher myself in consciousness studies/
neurobiology: I don't think that everyone should be right-handed or act and
"think" in a certain ways even if "the majority" does

Again, how is that relevant? Society has conventions. You, apparently, are sociopathic.
I have read and worked on -really- badly worded, formatted code. At the
end of the day it is primarily "on the eyes of the compiler" determining what is
kosher or not to itself

You are writing to *people* for help. If the compiler sufficed, you'd not need to post here.
This is a fact of life regarding all matters and ultimately you do get at
things -your- way. In fact, I see the good in "politicians" not liking "me"

You are just wasting people's time.

Arne Vajhøj

Again, how is that relevant? Society has conventions. You, apparently, are sociopathic.

Maybe it is time to enjoy the good spring weather?!?!

Arne