cannot see website after transferring local site to http server

JayD

This will solve for us a number of problems. I have developed a website on my
local machine (part of a LAN) using Visual Web Developer, with ASP.NET 2.0.
Backend is a SQL Server 2000 database. All queries and webforms work
beautifully on my local machine (file system web project).

However, when I copy this website to a virtual directory on an IIS server, I
keep getting permissions denied error, when I try to access any aspx page on
the website.

This is what I have done:
1. I have created an ASPNET login for SQL Server and gave it rights to the
database.

2. I am using Windows Authentication (IIS Directory Security tab) and
Anonymous access is Unchecked.

3. There is <identity impersonate="true" /> line in the web.config file.

4. Even though I have Windows authentication checked in IIS, I have the
following in the web.config file:
<authentication>
<forms name=".ASPXFORMSAUTH" loginUrl="logincs.aspx" />
</authentication>

Don't know what the above means - it was generated as part of my using the
ASP.NET configuration in Visual Web Developer.

5. aspnetdb database is a SQL server 2005 database, on the same machine as
IIS.

6. I have tried logging in as many different types of users (with full
rights and so on) but I cannot open a single page on the machine with the IIS
server.

Pleas help if you can -

Thanks

Jay