Cannot use multiprocessing and zip together on windows

Leo Jay

Hi All,

I have a file p.zip, there is a __main__.py in it, and the content of
__main__.py is:

from multiprocessing import Process
import os

def f():
print 'in f, pid:', os.getpid()

if __name__ == '__main__':
print 'pid:', os.getpid()
p = Process(target=f)
p.start()
p.join()

On linux, I can get expected result for running "python p.zip"
But on windows xp, I got:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
File "C:\python27\lib\multiprocessing\forking.py", line 346, in main
prepare(preparation_data)
File "C:\python27\lib\multiprocessing\forking.py", line 454, in prepare
assert main_name not in sys.modules, main_name
AssertionError: __main__

It seems that the situation described here is similar:
http://bugs.python.org/issue10128

But the patch doesn't work for me.

Anybody knows how to fix this?
Thanks.