Can't debug on 2003 Server!

Amil Hanish

Installed brand spanking new 2003 Server. Configured to be application
server. Then
installed Visual Studio .NET. Copied over web application from another
server and set
up normal web site.

When I try to debug the application within .NET, it always gives me the
error saying that
I'm not part of the Debugger Users group. I'm in Administrator, Debugger
Users, VS
Developers and many a few other groups! Why doesn't this work.

I've surfed the web and tried several things. No matter what I try, it
won't let me debug
an application. And yes, my config file has debug turned on. This exact
same project
worked fine on Windows 2000...no changes have even been made. I also done
have
something called the Security Lockdown tool (no urlscan.ini) on the system
(per some
other posts).

Microsoft...is this why no one is using 2003 yet?

Amil

.NET Follower

hi,
when that msg comes,Microsoft has provided help button also
to help u ....
click it and try it solve it

even i did the same and found the soln..

i think
go to properties section of IIS ,>Directory secuirty>>editauthenticaion
methods>top checkbox shud be checked....
i think....!

Amil Hanish

Of course I looked it over. Authentication is already checked! Been there,
tried that.

Amil