Catching the closing browser event in the server side...

genc ymeri

Is anyway I can catch the event of client closing the browser in server side
(ASP.Net) ???

Thanks in advance,
Genc Ymeri.

cmay

The only way I know of is to use an AJAX method attached to the
window.unload event.

I second this thought.

Guest

There is absolutely no way to guarantee that this will work. Its better to
do work associated with a user leaving the webpage in the session_end event
handler of global.asax.

genc ymeri

There is absolutely no way to guarantee that this will work...
Tthat's what I was questioning too....

cmay

Oh yea, there is definately no way to guarantee that you will catch
this event.

What if the browser crashs? What if the person has javascript turned
off?

What I meant is that doing the AJAX method is the only way you can even
try to get this event. How often will it work? 70-80-90%? Who knows.

But if it something that you NEED 100% on, then you are out of luck.