Caught Exception: System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: An error occurred loading a con

Mike

Hi

I have problem as folow:

Caught Exception: System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException:
An error occurred loading a configuration file: Request for the
permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission,
mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed. (machine.config) --->
System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type
'System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission, mscorlib,
Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'
failed.

I am hosting www.1and1.com server.
This problem is noticed only on two pages, all others work well

I tried to use folowing part of code within web configuration, but
without success...

<location allowOverride="true" path="~">
<system.web>

<trust level="Full" />
</system.web>

</location>

Please help

Thanks,
Mike

Guest

Hi

I have problem as folow:

[...]

What code gives you that exception?

Mike

I am sorry Alexey, I am not sure that I uderstand a question...

Here is the error in more details:

Caught Exception: System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException:
An error occurred loading a configuration file: Request for the
permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission,
mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed. (machine.config) --->
System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type
'System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission, mscorlib,
Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'
failed.
at System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.Check(Object demand,
StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean isPermSet)
at System.Security.CodeAccessPermission.Demand()
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess
access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32
bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String
msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode,
FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at
System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigHost.StaticOpenStreamForRead(String
streamName)
at
System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigHost.System.Configuration.Internal.IInternalConfigHost.OpenStreamForRead(String
streamName, Boolean assertPermissions)
at
System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigHost.System.Configuration.Internal.IInternalConfigHost.OpenStreamForRead(String
streamName)
at
System.Configuration.Internal.DelegatingConfigHost.OpenStreamForRead(String
streamName)
at System.Configuration.UpdateConfigHost.OpenStreamForRead(String
streamName)
at
System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.InitConfigFromFile()
The action that failed was:
Demand
The type of the first permission that failed was:
System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission
The Zone of the assembly that failed was:
MyComputer
at
System.Configuration.ConfigurationSchemaErrors.ThrowIfErrors(Boolean
ignoreLocal)
at
System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfParseErrors(ConfigurationSchemaErrors
schemaErrors)
at System.Configuration.Configuration..ctor(String locationSubPath,
Type typeConfigHost, Object[] hostInitConfigurationParams)
at
System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigConfigurationFactory.System.Configuration.Internal.IInternalConfigConfigurationFactory.Create(Type
typeConfigHost, Object[] hostInitConfigurationParams)
at
System.Web.Configuration.WebConfigurationHost.OpenConfiguration(WebLevel
webLevel, ConfigurationFileMap fileMap, VirtualPath path, String site,
String locationSubPath, String server, String userName, String
password, IntPtr tokenHandle)
at
System.Web.Configuration.WebConfigurationManager.OpenWebConfigurationImpl(WebLevel
webLevel, ConfigurationFileMap fileMap, String path, String site,
String locationSubPath, String server, String userName, String
password, IntPtr userToken)
at
System.Web.Configuration.WebConfigurationManager.OpenWebConfiguration(String
path)
at SecurityLayer.IsWebConfigProtected(String sectionName)
at Administration_Admin_Security.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs
e)
at System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp,
Object o, Object t, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object
sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext
context)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
at
ASP.administration_admin_security_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext
context)
at
System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step,
Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Inner Exception: System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the
[...]

Sorry, I was not clear about my question. I guess you have an error
due to lack of privileges. What I want to know is what are you doing
on two pages where you have this error message?

Mike

1. On one of these pages I am reading values from appSetting of
web.config file and update of the same values..

2. On another one I am encrypting and decrypting web.config file...

3. On third one I have only a Password recovery control.

4. and on the last problematic page I am trying to use Create user
wizard component.

On these pages I am trying to write something and it is not only
raeading. In order to resolve this I tried to change security
permisons on the web.config file (write, modify, read, and read -
execute) and but it didn't work...

Thanks

Mike

Mike