CDONTS and sending HTML and text versions simultaneously

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Steve, Feb 9, 2004.

  1. Steve

    Steve Guest

    I've been told that an e-mail can be constructed using headers so that both
    a text and HTML version can be sent out simultaneously and the e-mail client
    will display the type that it can handle
    (http://www.wilsonweb.com/wmt5/html-email-multi.htm).

    How is this done using CDONTS and ASP to send an e-mail? Is there a specific
    field that the content type gets put into? I tried putting:

    As the first line of the body of the e-mail as a test, but it just ended up
    displaying as the first line of the body of the e-mail when it was received.

    Thanks in advance!

    Steve

    Steve, Feb 9, 2004

  2. Aaron Bertrand - MVP, Feb 9, 2004

  3. Steve

    Steve Guest

    Thanks.

    Do I need to download CDO Message, or is it pretty much standard?
    Steve

    Steve, Feb 9, 2004
  4. Do I need to download CDO Message, or is it pretty much standard?

    Steve, you could check by running the code sample, and it would take about
    three seconds to figure out if you have it already.

    Aaron Bertrand - MVP, Feb 9, 2004