Change Password Control Help

Guest

I added a change password control to my application and when I run the page
that has it, I get an error:

Generating user instances in SQL Server is disabled. Use sp_configure 'user
instances enabled' to generate user instances.

Not sure where to start for this error, because all the code in the
code-behind runs. It seems that when the page is about ready to display, this
error comes up. I saw references to membership stuff in ASP.Net 2.0, but we
are not using that...yet.

Riki

Wannabe said:
I added a change password control to my application and when I run the page
that has it, I get an error:

Generating user instances in SQL Server is disabled. Use sp_configure
'user
instances enabled' to generate user instances.

Not sure where to start for this error, because all the code in the
code-behind runs. It seems that when the page is about ready to display,
this
error comes up. I saw references to membership stuff in ASP.Net 2.0, but
we
are not using that...yet.

Are you sure? At least, your website is trying to run a user instance
of the SQL Server. Membership is one of the features that does this.

If you have access to your SQL Server, try running the command
sp_configure 'user instances enabled'
as mentioned in the error message.

That will solve your problem.

If you don't need membership services, you may try to find out why
your website is opening a user instance.

Guest

I know for sure that I am not using membership services. In fact, this
weekend, I am going to read more about that. But the thing I was trying to
figure out is if there is a property that I can set saying that I am not
using membership. Any idea?