Changing PasswordRecovery to email?

john_c

For ASP.NET 2.0 PasswordRecovery control, is there a way to allow
entering an email address instead of the username and it send the
password?

Thomas Hansen

For ASP.NET 2.0 PasswordRecovery control, is there a way to allow
entering an email address instead of the username and it send the
password?

he, he...!!
That's like asking; "if I call my bank and say my name is Bill Gates
will I get Bills Visa credentials and be able to permanently move to
Bahamas and never work again...?"

;)

Think about what you're asking for!!

..t

john_c

he, he...!!
That's like asking; "if I call my bank and say my name is Bill Gates
will I get Bills Visa credentials and be able to permanently move to
Bahamas and never work again...?"

;)

Think about what you're asking for!!

Guess I'm not sure what you're saying. It's a common recovery
feature. If someone, other than yourself, enters your email address,
do you think it will go to the wrong person? No, it will go to you
even though you didn't request it. In addition, you know someone may
be up to something. But, I'm guessing this isn't a feaure available
with the PasswordRecovery control.

john_c

Normally one would expect to enter your username; your email address is in
the database and that's how it works. Think about it some more.

Many times, if someone has forgotten their password, they don't
remember their username but do remember their email address.

JDC

If you are ambitious and the current provider you use doesn't offer the
feature, you can write a custom provider derived from ProviderBase that
implements whatever you want.
Peter

I guess you could use the email address as the username...