Chinese characters not displaying in Title Bar

pinto

Hi,
I have a portal in which a webpage is in chinese. The webpage uses
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=GB2312"> tag.
In the servelet we use request.setCharacterEncoding(UTF-8); But we
call some parameter( getParameter()) before using this. Do you think
its a problem. Chienese characters are displaying everywhere exceptthe
Title Bar. What could be the problem for this???

Regards,
Pinto

hiwa

pinto ã®ãƒ¡ãƒƒã‚»ãƒ¼ã‚¸:
Hi,
I have a portal in which a webpage is in chinese. The webpage uses
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=GB2312"> tag.
In the servelet we use request.setCharacterEncoding(UTF-8); But we
call some parameter( getParameter()) before using this. Do you think
its a problem. Chienese characters are displaying everywhere exceptthe
Title Bar. What could be the problem for this???

Regards,
Pinto
META charset and request encoding should be same.

John

pinto said:
Hi,
I have a portal in which a webpage is in chinese. The webpage uses
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=GB2312"> tag.
In the servelet we use request.setCharacterEncoding(UTF-8); But we
call some parameter( getParameter()) before using this. Do you think
its a problem. Chienese characters are displaying everywhere exceptthe
Title Bar. What could be the problem for this???

Regards,
Pinto

This might help:
http://java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/Intl/HTTPCharset/index.html

John O'Conner

Joined
Jun 29, 2010
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
:ciao:

hi, m facing the same issue, if i open a chinese web page the chinese char in title displays in other encoding, m using internet explorer for opening the page.

it can be a browser specific problem. chk out this link for more information

cityu.edu.hk/csc/netcomp/sep2001-1.htm

add http and www in the url as i have jst registred and my post count is 0 so m not allowd to post a link

hope this will help