Classic ASP and VSS

Dave F

I am trying to add a Visual InterDev project to Visual Source Safe 6d.

Normally I just go up under Project | Source Control | Add to Source Control
and I can load the project to VSS but now when I try to add the project to
VSS I get the error:

"Cannot establish source control for the Web Application. The server does
not have a source control system installed on it, or the user name is not
recognized."

I am on a workstation which has VSS installed. VSS is also installed on the
web server istself. I atttached to the VSS database as "admin" and under
my own user name but I continue to get the same error.

What could be wrong? Perthaps I am using the wrong version of VSS. Is
version 6d compataible with Visual InterDev? Or do I need an earlier
version?