Classic ASP in VS.net

Dave Anderson

Scott said:
Can you develop Classic ASP pages using VS.net?

Yes, and it is much more pleasant than in Interdev.

--
Dave Anderson

Scott

How?

When I go to File>New>Project, my list of Project Types are:
Visual Basic Projects
Visual C# Projects
Visual C++ Projects
Setup and Deployment Projects
Other Projects
Visual Studio Solutions

As I search though these types I can only find
ASP.NET Web Application
ASP.NET Web Service

I am on .NET Framework 1.1 and I'm using VS.net Enterprise Architect.

Aaron Bertrand - MVP

There is no such thing as an "ASP Project"... I use Visual Studio for
creating and modifying ASP files (and you can put those into a solution if
you like), not for explicit project management. ASP pages don't really need
that, IMHO.

--
Aaron Bertrand
SQL Server MVP

Jeff Cochran

How?

When I go to File>New>Project, my list of Project Types are:

Then use File -> New -> File. :)

ASP classic has no "projects" it's all just files.

Jeff