off-topic posts to cljp flogging, say, shoes. You're still producing a
large and irritating volume of traffic pushing *something* and
violating the newsgroup's charter, it's just not the same *something*
being pushed as with the shoe salesman spammer.

Hundreds? Really?

Anyways, to (attempt to) quote V for Vendetta:
"If you want to find the guilty party, you need only look in the mirror."

blue indigo

On 2009-02-19 11:45:28 -0500, blue indigo
<[email protected]> said:
[snip]

NO FEEDBACK LOOPS!

Oh ghodz. September personified, once again.
_____________ _____________
`-._ ..::| `-._ ..::| .
`. ..::| `. ..::| /|
| ..::| | ..::| /.|
| ..::| _____ | ..::| / :|
.--------.| ..::|.-' ..::-.---. .-----| ..::| / .:|
| /\ .::. ..:.' ..::`. ' | ..::| / .::| /\
|/ \ .::\../ ..::\ | ..::| / ..::|/ \
..---' '---..::bd _ ..::b.._ | ..::|/ ..---' '---.
`-. .-' .::pI (_) ..::m ) | ..::`-. .-'
/ \ ..:/.q ..::w / .| .:' / \
/_.-``-._\..:' ..\ ..::/ / .:| ''---/_.-``-._\
' | ..:.` | ..:`. ..::,' / .::| ..:. `
| ..:| | ..::|`-.__..::-':| / .::' | ..:::|'. ..:\
| ..:J ,' ..:::. ,' ..::/ ..:' ,' ..::::. ) .::b
| ..:/ /____..::::\ /____...:/ .:' /____..:::::/ ..::p
|.:,' /.:' / ..:::'
|,' /.' / ..:-'
' ' /,-'
'
Now what had I been doing before this interruption? Ah, yes, developing a
certain Bayesian filter...inverse chi square is giving me a
headache...where's the aspirin bottle?

Corbomite Device

Hundreds? Really?

Yes, really. 177 to the "Great SWT Program" thread alone in late 2007.
A hundred or more since then scattered in other threads. And you've
gotten into pointless pissing matches with other cljp posters too.
Anyways, to (attempt to) quote V for Vendetta:
[false accusation deleted]

None of the nasty things that you have said or implied about me are at
all true.

Jerry Gerrone

Corbomite said:
NO FEEDBACK LOOPS!

[implied insult deleted]

None of the nasty things that you have said or implied about me are at
all true.

(OK, which idiot at Google dropped the posts-per-account-per-day limit
all the way from 14 down to THREE???)

Joe Attardi

My name is Jerry.
None of the nasty things that Joe Attardi has said or implied about me
are at all true.
Anyone can spoof a reply-to: header in e-mail, of course.
It's bad to have you back.

Corbomite Device another one of your plethora of aliases, I see?
Why do you even bother posting when a good 75% of your posts' content
is the same cookie-cutter content..

"NO FEEDBACK LOOPS!",
"None of the nasty things that you have said or implied about me are
at
all true.",
"[insult deleted]", "[implied insult deleted]",
"I don't respond well to threats", etc. etc.

Maybe we should all use Paul Derbyshire Bingo cards with all these
phrases! I mean, are you even a real human, or just a cleverly written
AI that's engineered to troll?

Anyhow, I wish I could plonk you like the others, but now that Comcast
has decided to no longer offer Usenet access, I'm stuck using the
abomination that is Google Groups. Even if I could, I suppose, it's
hard to keep up with your multiple Google accounts to get around the
posting limits - so ignoring you will be quite the endurance test.

I'm sure your response will be little more than copy-and-paste jobs
from your canned response file - but no matter!

Jerry Gerrone

Corbomite Device another one of your plethora of aliases, I see?

I don't like the nefarious connotations of "aliases", when their
purpose is as a workaround for (increasingly severe) bugs in GG rather
than for anything, well, nefarious.

Unless you consider self-defense to be nefarious, which as the
attacker being defended against you just might. :p
Why do you even bother posting

To defend myself and correct public, incorrect statements about me
that get made. Haven't I told you this before?
[implied insults deleted]

None of the nasty things that you have said or implied about me are at
all true.
Maybe we should all use [incorrect identification] Bingo cards with
all these phrases!

Maybe we should all get back to discussing Java!
I mean, [nasty insults deleted]

No, you're the spambot and the troll.

None of the nasty things that you have said or implied about me are at
all true.
Anyhow, [implied insult deleted]

None of the nasty things that you have said or implied about me are at
all true.
but now that Comcast has decided to no longer offer Usenet access,
I'm stuck using the abomination that is Google Groups.

Aww. Sucks to be you.
Even if I could, I suppose, it's hard to keep up with your multiple
Google accounts to get around the posting limits

So, *I* can outshout *you* now. How fortunate for you that despite two
or three years of on-and-off provocation from you, my main interest
remains self-defense. A lesser man might take this opportunity to go
on the offensive and spew vile lies about *you* at a rate far
exceeding *your* ability to reply in *your* own defense, winning the
propaganda war swiftly and decisively; see how *you* like it. I, on
the other hand, will simply take the opportunity not to have to worry
about your posting more than three stupid attack posts a day to defend
against. The one I'm replying to was one. You've got two Usenet posts
left today; I suggest you use them wisely. :)
so ignoring you will be quite the endurance test.

Not really. You see, after you post another knee-jerk attack in
response to this post, I defend, and you post one *more* knee-jerk
attack and I defend against *that* one, you won't have any difficulty
ignoring it at all, because Google won't let you post a fourth attack
(or anything else) for the rest of the day. So all you'll be able to
do is simmer and stew in your frustration, raging at your impotence
and at the horror that is Google Groups' brain-dead admins. Yesterday
I was cursing the newly-reduced posting quota; now it turns out it may
work to my advantage instead. For however long it lasts. The google
groups help forums are full of howls of outrage so they might back
down from this boneheaded move in their half-assed anti-spam strategy
fairly soon. Oh well.

But until and unless they repeal the current ludicrously-low quota,
you will have no difficulty whatsoever ignoring me.

Have fun. :)
I'm sure your response will be [implied insults deleted]

No. None of the nasty things that you have said or implied about me
are at all true.

Joshua Cranmer

Joe said:
Anyhow, I wish I could plonk you like the others, but now that Comcast
has decided to no longer offer Usenet access,

Fallout from Andrew Cuomo's shut-down-Usenet-because-it-has-child-porn
rampage?

Lew

Joe said:
Anyhow, I wish I could plonk you like the others, but now that Comcast
has decided to no longer offer Usenet access, I'm stuck using the
abomination that is Google Groups. Even if I could, I suppose, it's
hard to keep up with your multiple Google accounts to get around the
posting limits - so ignoring you will be quite the endurance test.

Go to albasani.net and request free newsgroup access.

Comcast sucks for that decision.

blue indigo

Corbomite Device another one of your plethora of aliases, I see?

[snip]
__________________________
/| /| | |
||__|| | Please don't |
/ O O\__ feed |
/ \ the trolls |
/ \ \ |
/ _ \ \ ----------------------
/ |\____\ \ ||
/ | | | |\____/ ||
/ \|_|_|/ | __||
/ / \ |____| ||
/ | | /| | --|
| | |// |____ --|
* _ | |_|_|_| | \-/
*-- _--\ _ \ // |
/ _ \\ _ // | /
Anyhow, I wish I could plonk you like the others, but now that Comcast
has decided to no longer offer Usenet access, I'm stuck using the
abomination that is Google Groups.

I'd suggest using aioe.org. It's free, there's posting quota of 25 a day
but it doesn't cause much inconvenience if you don't post heavily, and
there isn't even any signup or similar hassles.

Just please be sure to killfile the twerp first thing, instead of posting
any more of this sort of crap, mate.