Click-to-play Applets white/black list

Richard Maher

If I have clicked the "always accept this application" when the page
contains an applet, how can I untick it or de-whitelist the Applet?

Cheers Richard Maher

JJ

If I have clicked the "always accept this application" when the page
contains an applet, how can I untick it or de-whitelist the Applet?

Use the Java Control Panel to manage it.

JJ

Any particular part of the control panel?

General tab > Settings... > Delete Files...

Tick only the "Installed Applcations and Applets". It'll clear the
"remember" flag. The program will still be in the cache. If you want to
clear that also, then tick the "Cached Applcations and Applets" too.

Note:
"Installed Applcations and Applets" aren't viewable using the "View..."
button. Go figure...

Richard Maher

General tab > Settings... > Delete Files...

Tick only the "Installed Applcations and Applets". It'll clear the
"remember" flag.

Thanks JJ! That's the one option I didn't try as it was unticked by
default and all the "here be dragons" warnings.
The program will still be in the cache. If you want to
clear that also, then tick the "Cached Applcations and Applets" too.

Note:
"Installed Applcations and Applets" aren't viewable using the "View..."
button. Go figure...

Yeah they don't make it easy do they.
Another thing I noticed is that there is no blacklist. You can't say
"Don't run this applet and never ask me about it again". So technically
the "Do not show this again for this app" should be greyed out until the
Accept box is tick but who cares I guess.

Thanks again for the useful information.

Cheers Richard Maher

Joerg Meier

The first time I thought maybe you were just confusing me with someone, but
this time I'm just stumped. Do you typically insult people trying to help
you and answer your questions ?

Liebe Gruesse,
Joerg

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Joerg said:
The first time I thought maybe you were just confusing me with someone,
but this time I'm just stumped. Do you typically insult people trying to
help you and answer your questions ?

My killfile says: yes.

Could you *please* stop this mindless crossposting without F'up2, and …
ungelesen.

fix this? Both are impolite. Java != JavaScript.

F'up2 poster