Command line parameters testing..

App Ra

Hello,
I'm using Runit to write unit test for a class that takes command line
parameters.

How do I pass commandline parameters from Runit class to my actual class
that it's testing?

I'm a new bee to ruby and any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
App

Jan Svitok

Hello,
I'm using Runit to write unit test for a class that takes command line
parameters.

How do I pass commandline parameters from Runit class to my actual class
that it's testing?

I'm a new bee to ruby and any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
App

Passing arguments to your class instead of runit: (actually I don't
know much about Runit, but this is common style, and test/unit does it
as well, so): The trick is to deparate parameters to your class with
-- i.e. when I'm using test/unit I might do:

tc_whatever.rb -n /test_name/ -- -a -b --c --defgh ijkl

Then -n /test_name/ will be processed by test/unit and -a -b --c
--defgh ijkl will be passed to the test.

Now to testing parameters: It's better to put the command line
processing stuff into a method that you'll call with ARGV rather than
using ARGV inside the method.
That way you'll be able to test the parameter parsing without actually
messing with ARGV:

class Main
def parse_params(argv)
end