Comparision of GUI framworks

Florian Lindner

Hello,
I've read the chapter in the Python documentation, but I'm interested in a a
more in-depth comparision. Especially regarding how pythonic it is and how
well it performs and looks under Windows.
I've some C++ experiences with Qt, so I'm very interested to have PyQt
compared to wxWindows and Tk. How fast does PyQt catches up with the
versiones released from Trolltech? etc..

Thx,
Florian

djw

Florian said:
Hello,
I've read the chapter in the Python documentation, but I'm interested in a a
more in-depth comparision. Especially regarding how pythonic it is and how
well it performs and looks under Windows.
I've some C++ experiences with Qt, so I'm very interested to have PyQt
compared to wxWindows and Tk. How fast does PyQt catches up with the
versiones released from Trolltech? etc..

Thx,
Florian
I would ask this question on the pyqt/pykde mailing list... but, for
what's its worth, I've been using PyQt (on Linux) for > 4 years, and am
very happy with it. I find it very "Pythonic". When I first started
looking at UI toolkits, the decision came down to wx vs. Qt. I found wx
a bit more complex and cryptic and less OO than Qt. Also, I find Qt
Designer + Eric to be a nicer development environment than Boa
Constructor. The main problem with Qt is apparently licensing issues on
Windows... I can't comment since I only use PyQt/Qt on Linux.

-Don