compile 32bit application in python for use on 64bit win machine

miamia

Hello,
I am using 32bit win xp pro and compiling my python scripts as exe
with py2exe. Everything works ok on 32bit windows platforms. But how
can I compile my program for use on 64bit Windows?

On 64bit windows this error occures in event log:
Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files\app
\app.exe". Dependent Assembly
Microsoft.VC90.CRT,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="9.0.21022.8"
could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

how can I run this program on 64 bit? thanks

Andrew Berg

Hello,
I am using 32bit win xp pro and compiling my python scripts as exe
with py2exe. Everything works ok on 32bit windows platforms. But how
can I compile my program for use on 64bit Windows?

On 64bit windows this error occures in event log:
Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files\app
\app.exe". Dependent Assembly
Microsoft.VC90.CRT,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="9.0.21022.8"
could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

how can I run this program on 64 bit? thanks
Looks like the 64-bit OS you're testing with is missing the 32-bit
Visual C runtime(s). Also, 32-bit programs on a 64-bit install of
Windows belong in \Program Files (x86), not \Program Files. A 32-bit
installer will be directed to the correct directory when trying to
access %ProgramFiles%; a 64-bit installer will not.