Compiler for Linux

Paul ( The Troll )

Hi, What is the best compile for Ubuntu? I am downloading the QT Creator IDE, is it any good?

Paul ( The Troll )

gcc should be fine.

llvm maybe too.

This is not a compiler.

Personally I prefer Eclipse CDT.

Oh right I see that QT Creator uses gcc. I may give Eclipse a try too. TY

Victor Bazarov

[...]
Oh right I see that QT Creator uses gcc. I may give Eclipse a try too. TY

Had to play around a bit to get Eclipse setup but it's ok now.

And I uninstalled Firefox that our IT pushes on us every Wednesday. As
usual, it's OK again. SX

Paul ( The Troll )

[...]
Oh right I see that QT Creator uses gcc. I may give Eclipse a try too. TY
Had to play around a bit to get Eclipse setup but it's ok now.

And I uninstalled Firefox that our IT pushes on us every Wednesday. As

usual, it's OK again. SX

FF is the only browser I have on Linux so far, I am downloading Chrome now too.