    files. Is this comparison similar to C? Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

    - Asad

    Asad Habib, Jul 26, 2005

  2. Asad Habib

    Jacob Page Guest

    http://www.network-theory.co.uk/docs/pytut/tut_48.html has some good
    explanations. To generate the .pyo files from the interpreter, add the
    -O option.

    The difference between .pyc and .pyo files is that .pyo files are
    optimized a bit; for example docstrings are removed (which will break
    pydoc tests). According to the above link, .pyo files don't run any
    faster; they just load faster.

    Jacob Page, Jul 26, 2005