Confused

Aaron

When I use these lines in the web.config on my local development machine
everything works great.

<identity impersonate="true"/>
<authentication mode="Windows" />

I have a label on the form telling me which user is logged in and I when
I run the application, I get prompted for a username/password/domain and
when I enter my credntials, my domain\username shows up as DEVELOPMENT
\Aaron.My local IIS is using Integrated auth only.

If I move my application to the production server I get access denied.
I have set IIS to Integrated Auth only and even given EVERYONE full
control permissions on the files in the webbizdev directory where the app
is running from.

What am I missing?

Here is the error message when running from the server.

Thanks,

Server Error in '/' Application.
-------

Access is denied.

Exception Details: System.ApplicationException: Access is denied.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current
web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the

Stack Trace:

[ApplicationException: Access is denied.
]
System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity._ResolveIdentity(IntPtr
userToken) +0
System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity.get_Name() +71
System.Web.Configuration.AuthorizationConfigRule.IsUserAllowed
(IPrincipal user, String verb) +100
System.Web.Configuration.AuthorizationConfig.IsUserAllowed(IPrincipal
user, String verb) +81
System.Web.Security.UrlAuthorizationModule.OnEnter(Object source,
EventArgs eventArgs) +178

System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionSt
ep.Execute() +60
completedSynchronously) +87

Svein Terje Gaup

Have you tried to fetch
System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Request.ServerVariables["LOGON_USER"]? Does
this return anything?
Could you perhaps post the bit of code that fails?

Sincerely
Svein Terje Gaup