Connecting to the database and executing SP in C++

Nishanth

Hi all

Can someone direct me on how to connect to a database Sybase/Oracle
from C++. and execute a Store Procedure.

Help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Nishanth

Ian Collins

Nishanth said:
Hi all

Can someone direct me on how to connect to a database Sybase/Oracle
from C++. and execute a Store Procedure.

Help will be much appreciated.
Use whatever library is supplied with the database. There should at
least be a C API.

ehilah

Nishanth ha scritto:
Hi all

Can someone direct me on how to connect to a database Sybase/Oracle
from C++. and execute a Store Procedure.

Help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Nishanth
If you are working on M$ I suggest you ODBC ...

Nishanth

ehilah said:
Nishanth ha scritto:
If you are working on M$ I suggest you ODBC ...

I have to get the job done both in Windows and solaris.. I still have
no idea how to go about the same....

Ian Collins

Nishanth said:
I have to get the job done both in Windows and solaris.. I still have
no idea how to go about the same....
Have you looked for the libraries I suggested?

Nishanth

I checked in the solaris and the admin has not installed the same, so
am looking around the net so as to download the same.

ehilah

For oracle you can use (sinze 9i I think ) Oracle Object for C++ that
are not so far from using jdbc in java. I suggest to look at oracle
documentation (otn.oracle.com) , otherwise you can use OCI directly.
Ask about the client Oracle version you will have to work with becouse
this objects are installed with client oracle and so I suggest you to
look at the documentation related to the release you work with.
I remember that for sybase there were some native libraries too but I
looked at them many years ago so I can not help you. Another solution is
using odbc for unix. In this case with the same code you can go on
sybase/oracle.
Bye
Pier Paolo