Constant doesn't resolve at runtime

goscottie

I have VB .NET class project (VS 2005) with constants defined in it.
During design time, it resolve it fine and complies ok. At runtime,
it references to Microsoft.VisualBasic and it can't find the
constant. So why is it doing that and how do I fix that?

Guest

I have VB .NET class project (VS 2005) with constants defined in it.
During design time, it resolve it fine and complies ok.  At runtime,
it references to Microsoft.VisualBasic and it can't find the
constant.  So why is it doing that and how do I fix that?

Is this really about ASP.NET? VB projects referenced to
Microsoft.VisualBasic namespace require Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll at
runtime. You need to have that dll or try to compile with
novbruntimeref option.

goscottie

Is this really about ASP.NET? VB projects referenced to
Microsoft.VisualBasic namespace require Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll at
runtime. You need to have that dll or try to compile with
novbruntimeref option.

Perhaps not ASP.NET but after I refresh my ASP.NET project, I'm
getting this error in my class library project.

Guest

Perhaps not ASP.NET but after I refresh my ASP.NET project, I'm
getting this error in my class library project.

I would suggest to reinstall ASP.NET on this server.

Andrew Morton

goscottie@ said:
I have VB .NET class project (VS 2005) with constants defined in it.
During design time, it resolve it fine and complies ok. At runtime,
it references to Microsoft.VisualBasic and it can't find the
constant. So why is it doing that and how do I fix that?

Have you defined constants with the same names as VB keywords? That could
mess things up.

Andrew