Continuous Integration for Ruby projects

S. Robert James

I'm planning on setting up a Continuous Integration server for a Ruby
based project. It should work with Perforce SCM, and send out email
notifications. A web page (either as an app or simply overwriting a
static html page) is also important.

Anyone have any experience or recommendations? The two choices I'm
looking at are CruiseControl and Pulse. I'm a bit concerned about
integrating them with rake and Test::Unit. Any advice or experience is
appreciated.

Anders Bengtsson

--- "S. Robert James said:
Anyone have any experience or recommendations? The two choices I'm
looking at are CruiseControl and Pulse. I'm a bit concerned about
integrating them with rake and Test::Unit. Any advice or experience
is
appreciated.

There is DamageControl, which was written in Ruby. Unfortunately it is
no longer maintained, but they do have this nice overview of the other
integration servers:

http://damagecontrol.codehaus.org/Continuous+Integration+Server+Feature+Matrix

/Anders

Anders Bengtsson (e-mail address removed)
Stockholm, Sweden

kalender. Dessutom 250 MB gratis, virusscanning och antispam. Få den på: http://se.mail.yahoo.com

S. Robert James

Jared said:
I prefer CruiseControl, but use the test-report project to have your
Test::Unit test output Junit compatible XML. I blogged on this a while ago
http://www.jaredrichardson.net/blog/2006/09/20/#ruby-test-as-junit

Every bug I ran into has been fixed in the tip of the tree, so check it out
from subversion, don't download the packaged gem, but it works great.

Jared
http://jaredrichardson.net

How did you hook it up to rake - doesn't it support ant only? If you
have a script / file for this, please do post it.

(PS I really enjoyed Ship-It!)