Control with no closing tag

Peter Zolja

Hi,

I'm trying to build a custom control that doesn't have a closing tag. For
example, right now when I create a control from the IDE I get this:

<cc1:MyControl runat="server" ID="SomeId"></cc1:MyControl>

I'd like it to be:

<cc1:MyControl runat="server" ID="SomeId" />

This control won't have any content, so I'm trying to make the definition
shorter. I know it can be done because ImageButton does this; the question
is how?

Thanks.

Peter Zolja

I think I had seen that adding [ParseChildren(false)] at the top of my
class
(for C#) <ParseChildren(false)> iirc for vb gave this behavior.
Sadly I can seem to no longer drag and drop user controls from libraries
since SP1 for visual 2005.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...stemwebuiparsechildrenattributeclasstopic.asp

That was one of the things I tried before posting, but it doesn't seem to
work. We had some issues with VS too; what we did was to slipstream the SP1
into the kit and reinstall the whole thing. Surprisingly (or maybe not) it
took less to do the slipstream, uninstall, and then reinstall the new
version than simply installing SP1 on top. I hope you get it working...