Custom control intellisense to work like DropDownList/ListItem?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Building Controls' started by Dave, Aug 17, 2007.

  1. Dave

    Dave Guest

    Hi, I created a custom tabstrip control to work like a DropDownList in that
    when you create the dropdown, only the ListItem control is available in
    Intellisense.

    In my tabstrip, only tab controls should be allowed to be selected.

    However, I created a CustomControls.dll with a couple other controls besides
    the tabstrip. When I register and place the control on my page, I'm allowed
    to enter in other controls between the TabStrip tags. I only want to
    restrict it to allow Tab controls nested within it. In my CustomControls
    project, I wrapped the TabStrip and Tab classes around the
    "CustomControls.TabStrip" namespace but still allows me to pick other
    controls as shown....

    <%@ Register Assembly="CustomControls" Namespace="CustomControls.TabStrip"
    TagPrefix="cc1" %>

    <cc1:TabStrip id="TabStrip1" runat="server" >
    <cc1:Tab TabLabel="Tab No.1"></cc1:Tab>
    <cc1:Tab TabLabel="Tab No.2"></cc1:Tab>
    <cc1:CustomGridView....
    ...users of the tabstrip control can still pick this other control which is
    in the CustomControl.dll even though it has a different namespace.
    </cc1:TabStrip>

    If using unique namespaces in the CustomControls.dll won't work, what will?
    Or do I create different dlls for each custom control?

    Thanks, Dave.

    Dave, Aug 17, 2007