Controlling the TreeView

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Tor Inge Rislaa, Feb 4, 2007.

  1. Controlling the TreeView

    I have the sitemap below as source for my TreeView control. When I open my
    application I want only the nodes Home, About, Products and Contact to show.
    The child nodes of Products (Product1 and Product1) should reveal when the
    user click on the title Products.

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
    <siteMap>
    <siteMapNode title="Home" url="Default.aspx">
    <siteMapNode title="About" url="About.aspx" />
    <siteMapNode title="Products" url="Products.aspx">
    <siteMapNode title="Product1" url="Product1.aspx" />
    <siteMapNode title="Product2" url="Product2.aspx" />
    </siteMapNode>
    <siteMapNode title="Contact" url="Contact.aspx" />
    </siteMapNode>
    </siteMap>

    - The first question is therefore how to control the what is visible at
    startup
    - Next how to control the reveal of child nodes by clicking on the title (I
    don't want to use a expand or collapse icon)
    - Is it also possible to automatically collapse the node Products when the
    user click on one of the other Parent nodes Home, About, or Contact

    (LanguageVB, ASP.NET 2.0)

    TIRislaa

    Tor Inge Rislaa, Feb 4, 2007