Controls inheriting ListControl will not fire in UserControl

Chris Glenn

I ran into a problem when building some usercontrols. I am using a
dropdownlist and radiobuttonlist and setting the AutoPostBack = "True". I add
sub routines to handle the selectedindexchanged event. Neither of them fire.
All of my other controls fire no problem.
They post back but it will not execute any of the code in the routine.
Please help.

recoil

Make sure that you have enabled viewstate for your Listbox.
Also make sure that you are creating the control and setting the ID for
the listbox control preferablly in or before OnInit.
Make sure that your UserControl is implementing the INamingContainer.

If you follow the above 3 steps to the letter all of your wierd,
unexplainable behaviors should disappear.