Convert date/time to unix timestamp?

Phillip B Oldham

Is there a simple way to set a date/time and convert it to a unix
timestamp? After some googling I found the following:

t = datetime.time(7,0,0)
starttime = time.mktime(t.timetuple())+1e-6*t.microsecond

That seems like very long-winded. Is there an easier way? I've read
the docs on the datetime and time modules, but nothing's jumping out
at me.

Thomas Kraus

Phillip said:
Is there a simple way to set a date/time and convert it to a unix
timestamp? After some googling I found the following:

t = datetime.time(7,0,0)
starttime = time.mktime(t.timetuple())+1e-6*t.microsecond

That seems like very long-winded. Is there an easier way? I've read
the docs on the datetime and time modules, but nothing's jumping out
at me.

The built-in function time.localtime() returns a 9-item tuple, e.g.
(2009, 2, 10, 13, 29, 7, 1, 41, 0).

time.mktime() converts this tuple to the seconds since the Epoch as a
floating point number, int() converts it to an integer.

int(time.mktime(time.localtime()))

M.-A. Lemburg

Is there a simple way to set a date/time and convert it to a unix
timestamp? After some googling I found the following:

t = datetime.time(7,0,0)
starttime = time.mktime(t.timetuple())+1e-6*t.microsecond

That seems like very long-winded. Is there an easier way? I've read
the docs on the datetime and time modules, but nothing's jumping out
at me.
1254459600.0

http://www.egenix.com/products/python/mxBase/mxDateTime/

--