converting from RDF schema to XML schema

Marcello Villani

Hi All,
I have this problem: my customer sent me a RDF file with its own
schema. I absolutely need to convert that RDF schema in XML schema.
Does anybody knows if this operation is possible?
Can anyone help me?

TIA,
Marcello

Andy Dingley

I have this problem: my customer sent me a RDF file with its own
schema.

It doesn't matter that much, but what is this schema written in ?
RDFS / DAML+OIL / OWL ?
I absolutely need to convert that RDF schema in XML schema.
Does anybody knows if this operation is possible?

No, no-one knows if this operation is possible :cool: Great minds have
pondered this for several years and the jury is still out. RDF can
express things that XML can't, so how to translate a truly generalised
schema is still a debatable problem.

In general though, it's a bit of a no-brainer. Unless you're actually
doing some of the weird stuff, there's not much to it.

I am puzzled as to why you should need to. When you have this XML
schema, what are you going to do with it ? It's a far more common
problem to have an RDF document and a pre-existing XML schema, and a
need to know how to map one onto the other. You already have a schema
(in something RDF-related), so why do you need another ? Presumably
there's some other tool involved that is going to have to parse the
RDF document, so what is this expecting ? I can't imagine you have a
need to convert the schema, but not the data document itself ?
Please tell us a bit more about the broader picture.