    HTML, and I really need XML.

    Thanks,
    Avishay

    avishay, Jan 29, 2006

  2. The hard part is the parsing which stays the same - it's probably
    rather easy to modify vhdldoc so that it spits out XML instead of
    HTML.

    Cheers,
    Colin

    Colin Marquardt, Jan 29, 2006

  3. avishay

    Amal Guest

    This is not open source solution, but if you have access to ModelSim,
    there is an option named -gen_xml that generates xml for your VHDL
    entity. Use it as follows:

    % vcom -gen_xml <entity name> <output file name>

    You might roll your own generation tool with PERL package
    Hardware::Vhdl::parser very easily.

    -- Amal

    Amal, Jan 30, 2006
  4. avishay

    Ira Baxter Guest

    We offer a VHDL parser that builds full ASTs.
    It can export the AST of the VHDL file directly,
    or it could be trivally customized to export just the parts
    you want.

    http://www.semanticdesigns.com/Products/FrontEnds/VHDLFrontEnd.html

    Ira Baxter, Feb 4, 2006
  5. avishay