cookies access

KarenLenska

Hi,
I have read that only the domain that set a cookie can read it. How
this is implemented?
Thank you

Anthony Jones

Hi,
I have read that only the domain that set a cookie can read it. How
this is implemented?

A domain (by which you mean a server in the domain) can only read cookie if
that cookie is sent to it in the request.

Its the client that stores all the cookies and each client will have 100s of
cookies for all sorts of domains and paths with in those domains.

The client chooses which cookes to send with a request by comparing the
domain and path of the request with those of its cookies, only those that
match are sent.

Hence one domain would not normally be able to read the cookies of another
because the client wouldn't normally send those cookies to it.