Copy and paste text in a webform?

Richard Price

Please can someone help me out I am really stuck.

I am building a website and have been told to build into it an HTML
page which has a text box and a button to set the text to bold or
underline. The problem is that I do not see how this can be done using
ASP.NET. Is this the same as providing rich text which can be done
using a windows form control but possibly not using a web form? Does
anyone know how this can be achieve.

I appreciate any response and offer thanks.

Sicnerely,
Richard.

Eliyahu Goldin

Richard,

Handle the button's onclick event. In the event handler change the style for
the text box to make the text bold or underlined. You can do it on client
side with a bit of javascripting. There is no problem in doing it on server
side should you prefer this.

Eliyahu

Hans Kesting

Richard said:
Please can someone help me out I am really stuck.

I am building a website and have been told to build into it an HTML
page which has a text box and a button to set the text to bold or
underline. The problem is that I do not see how this can be done using
ASP.NET. Is this the same as providing rich text which can be done
using a windows form control but possibly not using a web form? Does
anyone know how this can be achieve.

I appreciate any response and offer thanks.

Sicnerely,
Richard.

There are several web-based html-editors around, even free ones.
We use fckEditor (http://www.fckeditor.net/), but I've seen several posts
where people have problems configuring it, so you are warned :).

Hans Kesting

Chris Botha

Find a thread down this group titled "html editing control", dated 9/9/2005,
a number of controls are mentioned there.