copy mac file in windows2000 using java

James

how to write a java code so that when it copy mac file in win2000, it still
able to handle the mac file structure.(I mean after copy to other location,
it other mac still able to regconize the file icon, creater and so on....

Hendrik Maeder

James said:
how to write a java code so that when it copy mac file in win2000, it still
able to handle the mac file structure.(I mean after copy to other location,
it other mac still able to regconize the file icon, creater and so on....

You want to copy the resource fork of the mac file.
As no other system than macos has a file system that supports multiple forks, apple came up with a solution called "apple double".
When a mac sends a file to a pc or *nix-workstation, it also becomes two separate file:
"FILENAME", containing the data fork (the actual file for windows/unix), and
"._FILENAME", containing the resource fork (icon, creator, etc).

Just remember in your java code to check each file received from a mac if there is a matching "._" file for it, and copy that too.

Hendrik