Copy over in-use files?

Adrian

Hi all

Initial postion:
IIS 6.0, Windows 2003 Server, .NET Framework 1.1

We have a development Server A, a stating Server B and a production
Server C.
After development of the .NET ASP project we copy it directly with the
'copy project' command from visual studio .NET to server B (in Release
mode). Then, because the production Server is at the customer and we
have not directly access to it, we copy the files from server B with
windows explorer on a file share at the customer side. Then the
administrators from the customer copy the files to the production
server C.
This scenario works fine. At the moment the customer is not yet
working a lot with the project, because we are in test phase.

So my question:
When there are a lot of users working with the project, is it already
possible to copy a newer version of the project with the scenario
described above over in-use files? Is a restart of the IIS necessary
after this action? Do the users need to exit the project before the
administrators copy the new version?

Thank you
Adrian

Guest

The Application restart should be Automatic. You need not restart IIS. Make sure that you copy the DLL file when the code behind file changes, else you can go with the .aspx pages & other file

HT

Trevor Benedict R