COPY over Win32 WinAPI C

NJSG

In english
==========
It exists any way to copy directly the content of a file to ano-
ther file using a Win32 (WinAPI) C application, that doesn't uses
ms-dos "copy" and doesn't needs to read-and-save-to-another-file
each file?
(I use Pelles C.)

In Portuguese
=============
Existe alguma forma de copiar o conteúdo dum ficheiro para outro
ficheiro usando uma aplicação de C de Win32 (que usa a WinAPI), que
não use o comando "copy" do MS-DOS e que não precise de ler todo o
ficheiro para depois guardar o seu conteúdo para outro ficheiro?
(Eu uso o Pelles C.)

--
Nuno Silva (aka NJSG)

=== - ===
My english isn't very good, because it isn't my first language. If you
found any mistake (or have problems understanding the post), tell me.
=== - ===
I have a 33.3 kbps Internet Dial-Up Connection.
Please wait by my replies with patience.

Igmar Palsenberg

NJSG said:
In english
==========
It exists any way to copy directly the content of a file to ano-
ther file using a Win32 (WinAPI) C application, that doesn't uses
ms-dos "copy" and doesn't needs to read-and-save-to-another-file
each file?

That doesn't exist in any OS. *NIX has hard and softlinks, but those
aren't copies as well.
(I use Pelles C.)

Igmar

Malcolm

NJSG said:
It exists any way to copy directly the content of a file to ano-
ther file using a Win32 (WinAPI) C application, that doesn't uses
ms-dos "copy"
fopen(), fgetc() and fputc(), and fclose() will do the trick.
and doesn't needs to read-and-save-to-another-file each file?
I don't really understand this bit. In some operating systems you can create
a link to effectively copy a file without physically duplicating it - there
will be Windows-specific functions that do this but not ANSI, and I couldn't
tell you offhand what the Microsoft functions are.

Jeff

NJSG said:
In english
==========
It exists any way to copy directly the content of a file to ano-
ther file using a Win32 (WinAPI) C application, that doesn't uses
ms-dos "copy" and doesn't needs to read-and-save-to-another-file
each file?
(I use Pelles C.)

<snip>

Win32 programming is off-topic.

Randy Howard

In english
==========
It exists any way to copy directly the content of a file to ano-
ther file using a Win32

comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32

Martin Ambuhl

NJSG said:
In english
It exists any way to copy directly the content of a file to ano-
ther file using a Win32 (WinAPI) C application, that doesn't uses
ms-dos "copy" and doesn't needs to read-and-save-to-another-file
each file?
(I use Pelles C.)

Copying a file *means* reading and saving to another file. If you don't
want to copy, don't say that you do.