Copying files between different linux machines

Thierry Lam

Let's say I have two linux machines with the following names:
-linone
-lintwo

If I'm currently on linone and if I want to copy a bunch of files from
lintwo into linone, how can that be done in a python script without
using ftp?

Thanks
Thierry

selffrag

I'll presume you have ssh, scp on both boxes
$ man ssh
$ man scp
$scp mydata.dat user@host:mydata.dat

Mike Meyer

Thierry Lam said:
Let's say I have two linux machines with the following names:
-linone
-lintwo

If I'm currently on linone and if I want to copy a bunch of files from
lintwo into linone, how can that be done in a python script without
using ftp?

Use scp.

<mike