Could not delete from specified tables.

rn5a

I am trying to delete records from a MS-Access DB table using the
following query:

strSQL=DELETE FROM MyTable WHERE
[id]=CInt(Request.QueryString("delete"))
con.Execute strSQL

When I run the app on my local IIS 5.1 server (on WinXP SP2), records
get deleted without any problems but when I upload the same file
(which has the above DELETE query) to the actual remote server, then
ASP generates the following error:

Could not delete from specified tables.

I have gone through numerous posts & articles to resolve the issue but
unfortunately the error still persists. The only apprehension that
comes to my mind is could permissions to the directory which houses
the MS-Access DB table be the cause of this error.

Actually in the remote server, the Access DB table resides in a
directory named "db" (without the quotes). When I view the permissions
that IUSR_MachineName has for this "db" directory (through the web
browser - the hosting service has given this option), then I find that
IUSR_MachineName has only the Read permission but when I try to set
this directory's Write & Modify permissions for IUSR_MachineName, then
I am not being allowed to do so. So could this be the cause of the
error?

Bob Barrows [MVP]

I am trying to delete records from a MS-Access DB table using the
following query:

strSQL=DELETE FROM MyTable WHERE

Depending on the version of Access you are using, you may need to use the

Delete * from MyTable ...

syntax.
[...]

Describe what is preventing you from doing so. Do you have "Simple File
Sharing" turned off?
So could this be the cause of the
error?

Maybe. Can you use INSERT or UPDATE against that database? If not, then you
do have a Permissions problem.