Could not establish secure channel for SSL/TLS

Nathan Alden

This error will appear intermittently and seemingly for no reason when my
Web service tries to contact another Web service over the Internet using
SSL. I'd say about 80-90% of all the requests work without a problem. The
last 10-20% result in timeouts or this "Could not establish secure channel
for SSL/TLS" message.

I'm sure many of you folks have run into this problem when using .NET Web
services over SSL. I've searched Google for a solution and the only thing I
found was this (URL may wrap):

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Programming/Programming_Languages/Dot_Net/Q_21246164.html

However, I do not believe the actual problem is related to a DLL name (and
no I don't have a DLL called Security.dll).

Can anyone help with this problem? My company is losing transactions and
money because of this error and help is greatly appreciated.

-- Nathan

Rodrigo García

Do all the requests go to the same service?
If the answer is a no, maybe you have misconfigured the certificates for
those sites, or maybe they request a client certificate which you aren't
sending.

Could you explain a little bit more the things you do?