"Could Not Load Type" Error message

Rod

I am getting a strange error when I attempt to run my new ASP.NET
application through an ISA server. If I go to the ISA server machine and
open up IIS and perform a Browse on the virtual directory pointing to the
new ASP.NET application, I get the following error message:

Parser Error Message: Could not load type NewWebApp.Global

Line 1: <%@ Application Codebehind="Global.asax.cs" Inherits="
NewWebApp.Global" %>

And yet, if I go to the machine it is actually installed on, I can run the
application just fine. Also, from within our network, if I bring up a
browser and browse to the URL on the installed Windows 2000 Server, it works
just fine. I have checked on MSDN's website and found article 306155, which
suggests that the problem is, "These errors can occur if the .aspx or the
Global.aspx page contains a reference to a code-behind module and if the
application has not been built." I have rebuilt the project, the solution
and the distribution project, more than once to make certain that I did
exactly what article 306155 recommended doing, but it still doesn't work. I
just cannot run it from the virtual directory in IIS on my ISA server which
points to the correct place on the installed server.

So, the question is, what am I doing wrong?

Rod

Phillip Windell

Not sure about the specific problem but one thing to keep in mind is
this....If the site is accessed by the public then it has to function
without expecting Admins all over the world to have to do something special
on the proxy boxes to make it work. The site would need to work with a
pretty much "vanilla" setup of a proxy or firewall, so you would have to
make changes to the ASP.net code and not the proxy.

Of course if the site is only accessed by company employees and the only ISA
involved is one you personally have control over than you can do it however
you want.

Rod

That is a good point, and I am by no means an ISA server guru. I guess I
was thinking that there might be something "special" that a system
administrator would have to do, in order to make it work.

This application is meant to be used by external users; more of a B2B type
of thing.

Rod

Phillip Windell

Looks like you also posted to one of the "aspnet" groups, that's good, it is
most likey where your best reply will come from. Surely, someone out there
has ran into this and may have found a way to keep it "proxy friendly".